Welcome to The Nurtured Home

May 16, 2013

The Nurtured Home was an idea I had many years ago. I felt inspired to create a place where people could find information and tips about building a more nurturing home for their families. I shared the idea with a few of my close girlfriends and they all encouraged me to do it. But life got really busy and it got put on the back burner.

Over the years, God would nudge me to get this going but I always found other things to do with my time. I was nervous about starting something new and adding more to my plate. Until one day, I realized that I needed to do this.  It is what I feel called to do right now. And hopefully, I can deliver. I want to help people enrich their relationships with their families and in their homes.

I am not a perfect mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend or anything else but my passion is family relationships. I love gabbing with other Moms about being better mothers and better wives and friends.  I read everything I can get my hands on about parenting and marriage. I have a Ph.D. in marriage and family communication and I have spent my life working with others to make their families stronger.  I currently work in private practice doing marriage, parenting and life coaching in Houston, Texas. My husband and I have been married for 18 years and we have three kids: a teen, a tween and a kindergartener!  My family will always come first which is one of the reasons I hesitated to take on this endeavor.  But I realized that it would hypocritical for me to write about a nurtured home if I did not nurture mine first.  I am hoping that I can do both.

I plan to write about topics that range from cradle to college. I will write about bullying and birthday parties, test anxiety and learning disabilities, time outs and discipline.  I will write about making your marriage more meaningful and I will post recipes and ideas for family fun. I will take questions and post tips.  I don't claim to be an expert on every topic here but I will do my research and seek out the experts.  So, welcome to The Nurtured Home.  I hope you feel comfortable here.  Please let me know what topics you'd like to see on The Nurtured Home.


6912035362_109ce2ffd2_z
Me and my kiddos

9 comments:

  1. So excited that you have launched The Nurtured Home! This is going to be SO amazing and helpful to me and so many out there! I love you as a friend, appreciate you as an advisor (friendly life coach), and admire you as a mother and home nurturer. ♥ I'm glad you will be sharing your wisdom, experience, creativity and good sense with the world now. Congratulations!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet and supportive, Shana!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the new blog! I followed through 3 peanuts as I have a daughter who was adopted from China a number of years ago and followed your journey then. Can't wait to follow here too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Kim! I am so proud of you and know you are going to inspire and help so many! I look forward to reading your insight...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on finally launching! I look forward to following this blog, in addition to 3 peanuts, as I continue my education in marriage & family therapy. Your advice is wonderful and I love the voice you use to express it - it really is nurturing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats - what a BEAUTIFUL site.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful resource for mommies striving to do their best in raising their families, in household management, in a Christ-like example...and everything in between. May you know that your sacrifice of your time while sharing your knowledge will not fall on deaf ears! I'll be following!

    I started reading your 3 peanuts blog I think before I ever had my own littles. Now I have 2 little boys and so haven't had the time over the last few years to follow you the same, but I would peek in from time to time. So excited to learn from you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your new site! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Please be respectful.

Pin It button on image hover